Wednesday, January 27, 2010

More Gifts

My mother is a difficult person to buy for. She rarely takes time for herself so her hobbies have all but been abandoned. She does sew occasionally and I knew finding her supplies is always a chore, so the cat-proof sewing organizer tutorial was perfect for her. She does have a cat that drives her batty, by the way. I actually followed the whole tutorial bit by bit instead of going off on my own tangent! I did, however, add a zippered pocket to the back so she could store a quilt block while she's working on in it. She only pieces by hand and only rarely so things like that tend to get lost before she can finish them. The inside...

sewingorganizer1

And a closeup of the outside fabric...
sewingorganizercloseup

Next I made a stuffed rocket ship for a friend's 1-year-old. I think his almost 4-year-old brother will probably get more use out of it for now

Jaimiesrocket

You can find the tutorial for the rocket ship on The Long Thread's Make It Monday. I didn't have an egg so I imprvised a little cloth astronaut with a felt jetpack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment