Friday, September 11, 2009

A Surprisingly Quick Project


I managed to start AND finish this tote in 2 days.

I've had the pattern for months and Tuesday afternoon my aunt (who actually bought the pattern so that I could make this bag) and I went to Quilting Adventures and she picked out a charm pack of 5" squares in various purple/green/teal/blue batiks. Bon adores purple. As you can imagine she was quite taken with it.

And while I did manage to finish it amazingly fast for me (it's a miracle that it was finished at all with the way I tend to work...)...it damn near killed me to do it! The first day was fun...the second day...not so much. Although it wasn't entirely the bag's doing, but that's another long story.

ANYWAY, I used some of the leftovers to make a little babywearer pouch to attach to my sling/wrap so I won't have to drag a purse with me. I'll post pics of that later, though.


By the way my daughter also enjoyed this tote.

0 comments:

Post a Comment